Sunday, February 20, 2011

Corpus Christi Bay from Ocean Front Drive

Looking at Corpus Christi Bay
When I am  running in Corpus Christi area I usually have a drop that takes me close to Ocean Front Drive. This is always a beautiful place to drive and if you have been watching my submissions to View From The Cab you will have noticed that I frequently submit photos from this area. 

Ocean Front Drive (the cross street in this photo) runs along Corpus Christi Bay from downtown to the Naval Air Station Corpus Christi and is lined with beautiful and expensive homes and rich neighborhoods. In some parts of the oceanfront, you will only need to leave Ocean Drive for about a block or two and find yourself in a very depressed, almost slum-like part of the city. 

Corpus Christi Bay has been made famous by people like Johnny Rodriguez in "Corpus Christi Bay" and others. I am not sure who the first artist was for "Corpus Christi Bay" as a number of them came up in a Google search. I mention Johnny Rodriguez as he was most often played on the old channel 10 "America" on XM satellite radio (that was before Sirius took it over and destroyed it).

No comments:

Post a Comment